Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Disney Trip

So as you can see by the amount of pictures for this post, I was having a minor dilemma deciding which pictures capture that "Disney Magic" feeling. Or could it be that as I was looking back over my pictures from that day, nothing really "magical" jumped out at me. There were only a couple of pictures that captured a feeling, but not that so called Disney feeling. We didn't take the traditional family pic in front of the castle...nope. Nor did we get a family shot of us all with Mickey and Minnie...nope. Didn't get those heart warming pictures as our family of 4 experienced the Dumbo ride or Teacups...nope. Didn't even buy our kids Mickey Ears to wear around the park...nope. And of course, waiting in line only produced sour face photos (which I have captured perfectly and think my kids should be poster children for).
So, although we had an amazing and definitely memorable time, it wasn't captured in our pictures that day the way I was aiming for. What was captured though, are moments we shared as a family...

Bryce on the dragon slide at our hotel...a very happy experience.



Odd, I know, but I never want to forget Hailey's little quirks...and one of them is trying on shoes.

Even Daddy's shoes. She put them on, ran over near the pool to pose for a quick shot, then came running back to me so she could see the pic I just took of her.


Gotta love those Mickey Mouse ice cream sandwiches.



It's pictures like this one that make me feel so blessed to have 2 beautiful, healthy kids.

Here's the miss standing in front of a speaker where Ariel's singing is coming out of...she just didn't get it...Oh and yes, we were one of few who let their girl run around in a diaper while visiting Pooh's Playground. Hey, it had water...can't be gettin the clothes all wet.

A "cheesy" moment at Disney while eating.



Another one of our emotions captured...Hailey's nasty face staring me down after she attempted to throw her $14.95 Sleeping Beauty light up spinning toy...the nerve.


Throwing pennies into the fountain at our hotel...a morning ritual. Bryce actually got a couple of them in the top.



Daddy and Bryce on their way to breakfast.



Hailey with Sleeping Beauty after she practically launched her autograph book to the princess in fear of being touched by her. And yes, I'll spare you, but I had to be in all the pics with all the princesses...otherwise, disaster unfolded.



One of those magical moments I was telling you about...for me anyway. Bryce has mentioned several times that this was his favorite part of the day. He completely enjoyed the characters.


Bryce and Pooh at the character lunch at Crystal Palace.


This is how Hailey looked at all the characters...from the safe comfort of her friend, highchair.


Classic...on It's a Small World.



Leaving the pool at our hotel.




Bryce and friend, Tiger.


Lego Dragon at Downtown Disney.


Hailey and Stitch...the only character she'd even go near. And she doesn't even know who he is...go figure.



Oh...one of my sour face photos while we were waiting in line for 40 minutes...and yes, Hailey has that card in her mouth that they hand out to keep your place in line. Yes, the one that goes through millions of peoples hands everyday. Yup, that card.



No comments: